What is the Senior M.A.P. Program?
The Senior M.A.P. Program focuses on supporting youth in Grades 9 through 12 in their educational journey. Senior M.A.P. is a registered academic program providing a variety of services under our four pillars; academics, advocacy, financial support, and social support. Students receive personalized tutoring help from volunteers who can provide assistance with homework, projects or studying for upcoming tests. There are limited spots available in each grade, please submit an application to inquire about registration for this program.This program offers:
- Personalized tutoring and homework help from volunteers in a variety of subjects
- Access to computers, printers and other academic resources
- Financial incentives through connections with scholarships and bursaries
- Opportunities for volunteer hours
Supporting youth to:
- Create a plan for the academic future
- Achieve their academic goals
- Develop life skills such as; healthy eating, active living, personal hygiene, healthy relationships, and financial literacy
- Develop their literacy skills
- Build skills to successfully graduate from high school and transition into post-secondary life
Where and When?
Virtually via Zoom.
Monday to Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Life Skills Sessions
Senior M.A.P. Students will attend life skills workshops throughout the year on a variety of topics such as:
- Relationships & Consent
- Study Tips & Tricks
- Living a Healthy Life
- Financial Literacy
- Creating a Positive Online Presence
- Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test Prep
Scholarships & Bursaries
The M.A.P. Program helps students to find and apply for appropriate scholarships and bursaries through one-on-one meetings and workshops.
Tutors & Mentors
Tutors and Mentors in the Senior M.A.P. Program are instrumental in making the program function at the highest level. Tutors bring their academic knowledge to the program, to assist students to complete their homework, study for tests, work on projects and develop their academic skills. Mentors will work one-on-one with students to help them develop academic, organizational and life skills while supporting them to reach their academic goals.We are always looking for volunteers to assist with homework help in various subjects.
- Monday to Thursday
- At least 3 hours per week
For more information about volunteering, please see our Volunteer Opportunities.
How to Register & Contact Information
If you're interested in registering for the Senior M.A.P. Program, please complete the online application.
If you have any questions, please contact
Ashley ShaverEducation and Leadership Program Coordinator - Grades 9 to 12
519-434-9115 ext. 254
Limited spots available for each grade!
(click the coloured buttons below to get the application)